Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Weekend of Football

Fall means football in the Holm house. Some of our friends in our ward have a son who plays on the high school team around here, and it was their homecoming game, so we went. We felt old pulling up in our SUV and sitting in the "parents" section. We loved it though. I always enjoy the cheers, band, people watching, and of course the concession stand snacks :)
Ben enjoying his funnel cake (he loves these things)

Sporting some of our new clothes from mom. The coat and sweater were perfect football apparel. We headed to the movie "Wallstreet" after the game. Bad idea. We should know by now that I can't stay awake when a movie starts that late :)


 


The next day we headed to Evanston to check out Northwestern. One of Ben's co-workers gave us football tickets, and this is one of the schools Ben would love to go for grad school, so it was the perfect opportunity.



Fun to see a different college stadium. Not nearly as big as BYU's, but it was shaped like a castle.

The football weekend wouldn't be complete without the Vikings game today. Luckily, for the mood of my husband, they won. Notice I even caught the final score in the picture!

Yes, I have a Vikings jersey. Ben bought this for me as soon as we got married. How could I be a good wife without one ;) It was a dream weekend  for Ben, and luckily I do enjoy football.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! You can definately tell that it's football season around our place too! It consumes our Saturdays and Sundays! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he bought you a Vikings jersey. That is so cute.

    ReplyDelete