My dad flew in a few days after Paige was born. It was so nice to have my mom (who stayed to help for 2 weeks) and him there to help and entertain us while Ben went back to work. From doing laundry, going shopping with me for newborn clothes, to fixing the base plate on our entrance way, they were both a huge help!
 |
| Our little giraffes |
 |
| I love catching them napping together, especially when they fall asleep in the same position |
 |
| In her pajamas giving me a big yawn |
We decided to bless Paige when she was just 11 days old because it was the only time we could have both of our families there. It was a little sooner than I had hoped to do (or sooner than I had hoped to be in a dress), but we're both very glad we did it because it meant so much to have so much family there for her special day. Ben gave a beautiful blessing and Paige slept the entire time. We were able to have Ben, both our dads, Bryce, and our friends Isacc, Pete, and Grant in the circle to bless her.
She wore the same dress the my great aunt made, my dad was christened in, and my siblings and I and my niece were all blessed. It was a little big on her, but special to keep the tradition going.
 |
| My mom and I found these shoes and I just couldn't resist |
It was like 95 degrees outside along with the lovely IL humidity, so we limited our picture taking.
 |
| The Holms and Crookstons that drove down from Minnesota |
 |
| Warnings from IL and my parents who flew in from WA |
What a special day for Paige! Ben did a great job! Such a sweetie!
ReplyDelete