Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Paige's first vacation

I'm obviously a little behind, but we had a wonderful trip to WA  over Labor Day to visit my family. Paige did great on her first flight and slept most of the way.
It was Paige's first time meeting my sister's family. Grace was especially interested in Paige and showed her little motherly instincts....patting her, putting her binky in, and over-seeing the nursing :)
I love how they're holding hands
Matching outfits
Aunt Becca
Big cousin Evan
We lucked out and had perfect weather while we were there. I felt like we hadn't really had a "summer" since I was huge pregnant and then had Paige the beginning of July, so this was just what I had been looking forward to: tanning on the dock (in a normal, non-huge maternity swim suit), tubing, kayak racing, and wakeboarding.

Ben boarding
My first time in 2 years!
I learned the hard way that tubing backwards in much better than normal tubing for a nursing mother :)
Paige had some great dock time and enjoyed her first boat ride...it lulled her right to sleep.

We had a lot of family come visit to meet Paige...
Aunt Gayle (and the Batmans came to meet her too!)
 She even got to meet all of her great-grandparents
Great Grandma Jean
Gramps
Grammie
My friend Elise and her mom Mary came too.
And of course she got lots of snuggle time with grandma and grandpa!

 It was such a trip, just felt too short! I loved getting to play with my family, shop, get a pedicure with mom and Bec, and soak up the sun! A great last hurrah to summer!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!! And how hot are you in your swimsuit! I am jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie--you look fantastic! You are one hot mama! :)

    ReplyDelete