Ben and I have been into politics much more lately because of Mitt Romney. So we took our duty as Illinois republicans seriously and hit the voting booth and then headed with our friends, the Quinns, to the voting night party in Schaumburg. It pretty much surpassed all of our expectations. Where we ended up standing just happened to be a great spot, and people started telling us they wanted to stand by us because "they knew Romney would come hold our baby". Well they were right!
As soon as his victory speech was over, he came right over to us and Ben handed him Paige. Then he called Ann over and she held Paige. He told us "you're not getting her back". Then Ann asked "whose baby is this?", as I tried to peek my head up through the crowd. It was totally passed Paige's bed time but she was a happy little girl through the whole thing...even through the the "Mitt" chants (which I loved!). Later that night we realized Paige's picture was on the Chicago Tribune's website and she was on CNN, the camera right on Mitt and Ann holding her! So fun to see our baby girl on TV!
 |
| Another newspaper pic...you can see Ben's head in the corner |
 |
| In her patriotic dress |
 |
| Chicago Tribune Picture |
They both were adorable with her. Then we all squeezed are way next to the walk way he would be exiting by. Ann talked right to Sarah and I and Mitt came and shook all 4 of our hands!
 |
| Shaking Ben's hand |
 |
| Ben's head and my nose are in this one |
 |
| We were really excited we scored signs! |
So glad we went, and now if Mitt really does win the whole thing, Paige will have a picture with the president! And in case you were wondering, yes...Mitt really is just as handsome in person :)
What a cool experience!
ReplyDeleteLove, your stalker
Yes, I blog stalk you too :-) Camille's sister :-) But I just had to say this is SOOO AWESOME!!! What a cool memory for her baby book!
ReplyDeletehaha, don't worry, I stalk your blog too! Love all your cute pictures.
DeleteSo fun!! Glad you guys went!
ReplyDeleteThat is seriously so neat. What an awesome thing to show her/tell her one day!
ReplyDelete