Friday, July 6, 2012

Girls Trip to Pennsylvania

In May I went with my mom to Pennsylvania to see my cousin, Tad's, mission farewell.

 It was quite the girls group, with my mom's two sisters, my grandma, cousin Leigh, mom, Paige and I.
 The first day we headed to the Hershey Factory, which was adorable!

 We went on a "ride" where they showed you how they make the chocolate- very fun!
The singing/dancing cows were the best part!
Paige was mesmerized 
Whole bunch of crazies
The next day we visited Gettysburg. I had been there before, but hadn't seen the new fancy visitors center. It was very interesting and makes you so grateful for the sacrifices that were made.

That night we went to my cousin, Max's Eagle Court of Honor. My cousins are awesome boys!

Saturday we saw downtown Harrisburg.

Then we headed to Lancaster. It was very interesting seeing all of the Amish farms, and all the darling little kids. We strolled through cute little shops and just took our time driving through the countryside. And of course we had to giggle as we visited "Intercourse", PA :)


Buggy parking at Costco!!
Apparently after a long day of traveling, Paige had some serious "business" to take care of. Yes, I'm a mean mother for posting this, but it's just classic.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Ben did an awesome job on the first "real" mother's day, giving me a cute poem and massage before I left- perfect gift, I was thrilled! My Aunt Lynne was so sweet and had little presents for all of us women there visiting. It was fun to have 4 generations of women there to celebrate. Then we headed to church to hear Tad speak. He did an awesome job! That night we went to Max's voice recital.


It was hard to believe that the mature young man was the same little boy I used to babysit. Argentina is lucky to get Elder Wright!


No comments:

Post a Comment