Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Visitors!

We got to have my parents come visit this year for Thanksgiving. In order to look our best, Paige and I both had hair appointments :) I swear that girl has more hair than I do.
My sweet parents took the red eye so they could get here Thanksgiving morning. They were pretty exhausted, but we still a great Thanksgiving meal, complete with good ol' southern smoked turkey (I was happy with any turkey I didn't have to cook). Then they were real troopers and waited in line with me at Toys R Us to snag a few deals.

The next morning we made a stop at the outlets and then headed to Asheville! The Biltmore Mansion (the biggest home in America) has been on our list of things do while in NC and it didn't disappoint! (The creepy hotel we stayed at on the other hand....) Once we arrived that night we drove around trying to find a cute local restaurant to have dinner at. After one place looking shady, another having a huge wait, etc, we decided to just grab Olive Garden that would be more kid friendly. As soon as we parked and Paige got out of the car she puked everywhere! So I cleaned her off in the bathroom, let her look super classy in a pull up and boots while we waited for take out, and ate in the questionable hotel while we watched a Duke game :)
The next day we hit Biltmore and it was AMAZING! Those Vanderbilts don't hold back- 175,000 sq feet! We told Paige it was Sophia's castle so the whole time she was looking for Sophia :) It was extra fun that they had the Christmas decorations up, so almost every room had a Christmas tree in it.


The grounds were incredible, too, a huge amount of property.

 After 4 hours of touring, we were all completely exhausted. We could see how people spend much longer, but with 2 kids, and a 4 hour drive ahead of us, we were happy with our tour and mini history lesson. Then we squeezed in some Cookout shakes, Christmas decorating, and a few games. We're so glad mom and dad made the trip out to see us and the kids loved the extra attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment