He did it! WE did it! I can't say enough how proud I am of Ben. It's weird to think back now on the long process this has been. Starting with studying for the GMAT while working full time, taking the test the week I was due with Paige, getting home from work to immediately start writing essays, flying out for interviews, the day we heard back from Duke and me crying tears of relief on the phone, flying out for Blue Devil Weekend, moving to North Carolina, surviving recruiting season and internship, to finally deciding on an offer, and now graduating! But I do have to say, I feel like everyone told us how incredibly hard business school would be and how I would never see my husband, etc, etc. But our two years at Duke have probably been the funnest two years of our marriage! Ben was pretty incredible at balancing everything: having a second kid during fall 2, being consulting club president, LDSSA vice president, workings as an admissions fellow, 2nd counselor in the young men's presidency at church, all while keeping a 3.7 GPA. But with all of this, Ben made it a real point to be home as much as possible with us, and did the majority of his homework at our kitchen table. Besides fall 1, we saw him more than we will ever see him with a normal job. Along with this we had absolutely amazing friends! The kind of friends that you'll stay best friends with the rest of your life. It was so fun that we were all in the same boat, living on student budgets, living in ghetto places, and having young little families. And to top things off, we went to a whole lot of Duke basketball games! We absolutely loved our time and Duke and feel so blessed to have spent two years there.
Some of else weren't thrilled with the NC heat and humidity that day...we were all very sweaty.
My sweet mom came out for the big day. Due to crazy airline problems, flight be cancelled, etc, my poor dad ended up not making it, but we really appreciated their support!
Walking in with some of his friends, John, Matt, and Garrett.
Couldn't have asked for a better speaker than Grant Hill for my basketball fanatic husband.Grant Hill pretty much made Ben's day. As Ben was walking across the stage to accept his diploma and shake hands, Grant Hill noticed how tall Ben was and stood on his tippy toes to be taller, while smiling and telling Ben, "I've got to get on my tippy's to be taller than you"! If you know Ben, you know how amazing this was.
Check out his toes...
Dean Russ Morgan
Also pretty perfect for Ben that he got to graduate in Cameron Indoor.
These past two years wouldn't have been the same without our LDSSA group.
And I really don't know how I would have survived without these girls! I'm pretty sure we earned our own diploma :)
![]() |
| Holms, Hamiltons, Millers, Busbys, Candrians, Giles, Ricks (missing Culbertsons) |



Graduation day is so bittersweet! I loved our Duke days. Ty and I will forever look back on them with big smiles on our faces. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Katie and Ben! Katie, you look stunning!
ReplyDelete