Friday, August 29, 2014

4th of July in Washington

Since we only had a month of corporate housing, and we still had a month before we could move into our house, the kids and I  flew to Washington to stay with my parents while Ben stayed with friends and started his job. This was not the ideal situation to be apart that long, but there wasn't much of an option. Strangely enough, every summer since we've been married there has been some reason, whether it's buying or selling a house, internship etc, that I have lived with my parents for a few weeks (or months!) during the summer. Yep, I'm that kid that just keeps coming back :)

The first weekend we were home was the 4th of July. This was tough to be away from Ben, but we were glad we had so much family to celebrate with. A lot of my mom's family came over and we played on the lake, BBQ'd, made smores, and watched fireworks on the lake. USA! USA!













No comments:

Post a Comment