On Saturday I woke up to Ben and Paige bringing me a cinnamon roll in bed....the perfect surprise! Then Ben had to work on campus, so Paige and I had a lunch date together. She sat in a booster next to me and we had so much fun!
That night we left Paige with our friends and Ben and I had a fun date. First we got my free Red Robin birthday burger. As Ben was leaving the tip he handed me the folder that had a clue in it. That's when I realized we were going on a scavenger hunt!!! He had funny little clues hidden all around Durham.
Our first stop was the ghetto hotel we stayed in when we first visited NC.
Then Harris Teeter, where I do my best couponing.
Strange Chinese Restaurant
Good old Taco Bell.
Chick-fil-a!
We ended up back at the house where he had a few surprises for me.
Ben did such an awesome job on my birthday! It was so cute how much effort he put into my scavenger hunt, (especially considering how super busy he is) I absolutely loved it!
Sunday (my actual birthday) I made the primary kids sing to me, and then we had some friends over (and a fun visit and amazing brownies from Bill & Laura) for games. My cute friend Lis made me delicious homemade cinnamon rolls that I enjoyed with a Diet Coke (perfect birthday meal).| Paige was struggling waiting for her cinnamon roll |
Then that Tuesday I was really spoiled and Jen and Lis threw me and our friend, Becky, a girls night birthday party. We had some incredible treats, including the genius idea of "apple nachos" from Jen, and Lis' addictive homemade caramel corn.
| These girls seriously spoiled me, don't know what I would do without them! |

Happy Birthday! You deserve all the spoiling and special treatment! Glad you had a fun week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic birthday!! I don't know how Ben will top that--quite thoughtful, planned ahead, and fun! You've got a winner! Those apple nachos look fantastic! Glad you got some fun gifts! Happy Birthday once more (you really can't celebrate too long!)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun birthday...with so many yummy treats!! Lovin' all the blog updates!
ReplyDelete