In September I turned 27! Not much of a milestone birthday, and to be honest I was slightly dreading it just because we were still pretty new here in Texas and I didn't think people would even know it was my birthday, plus I had to teach preschool that day. But it ended up being a great birthday! During preschool and throughout the day, friends from the ward stopped by with little treats and gifts. So nice and such a sweet surprise! Another friend threw me a girls lunch a few days later with friends from the ward at Panera. This all really meant more to me than these girls realized, and really made me feel apart of the group out here.
That night I got a babysitter and met Ben for Top Golf. This was a blast! Plus I got to show Ben my mad high school golf team skills (or lack thereof ;) My "real" gift was the shopping trip I did with my mom to buy new fall clothes, but Ben also bought be a bag full of my favorite treats. Then we grabbed dinner on the way home and finished the night off with my birthday tradition, Cinnabon. I really had such a fun birthday this year- thanks 27!



No comments:
Post a Comment