Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cozumel!

Cozumel was somewhat of a unplanned, "let's go for it", type trip. My parents had booked a condo that had an extra room and asked if we wanted to join. A nice, sunny, relaxing trip sounded perfect, so we booked the tickets! Ben's mom was extremely sweet to be willing to fly down and watch the kids while we were gone. It was the perfect little break!

Our days usually consisted of lounging in the morning, playing a round of mexican train, Facetiming the kids, hitting the pool (where I got to read books/magazines and drink a coke UNINTERRUPTED!), then head back up, play another game, then hit the town for dinner (a lot of mexican food...our favorite!), and strolling through shops.





One of the first nights we were there was "carnival" where I swear the entire island turned out for this big parade of crazy make-shift floats, all of which had ridiculous speakers haphazardly tied on, and lots of people dancing. Very entertaining. 

Another day we went to an area where you can snorkel on a giant reef. I am not a super strong swimmer, and I hate breathing through a snorkel mask, but my dad had claimed it was some of the best snorkeling he had ever done. So I toughed it out and swam for over a mile (which is a big deal for me!). It really was worth it. There were all sorts of fish, colorful sea fans, and clear water.




This place also had a rickety bridge you could walk out on to try to spot crocodiles. And we succeeded! Those things are creepy...

You could also find iguanas everywhere! A little unnerving when they're right on the sidewalk to the pool!

Throw in morning walks, outings for snacks, and more games, and that about sums up the trip! It was perfectly relaxing...just what I wanted! Then on the way home, Ben and I had a long layover in Houston. To kill some time we decided to try the giant memory game. Well then our competitive spirits were hooked! We played an embarrassing amount of times until we beat the high score!! It was fun to even just ride the plane just us...watching movies together and not stressing over taking care of kids. Just a long enough break that we couldn't wait to get home and see our kiddos. Thanks mom & dad for letting us tag along!

3 comments:

  1. Love that you beat the high score for memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! Super jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love it when you go, so grandma Jo gets to come on the scene to play "Mary Poppins!"

    ReplyDelete