For Mother's Day I told Ben I wanted nice make-up. So he was a real trooper and went on my Sephora date where he was bored out of his mind for a few hours. But it was just what I wanted!
Next on my list of wants was for Ben to make me Sunday breakfast. It was definitely no "breakfast in bed" since I woke up to our first ever tornado SIREN going off! Terrifying. We had so many tornado, flash flooding, scary lightning warnings this spring, that we now call the closet the "bunker" and whenever there was a storm Paige would say it was a "tomato warning" and we needed to go in the closet.
Church was extra special because it was Paige's first time singing for Mother's Day with the primary. She bolted to the stand and pushed her way to the front :)
I would say this past year of motherhood has been my most difficult. These two have been at more challenging ages/phases, and my patience has definitely been tested. But luckily there are those moments when they are the cutest, sweetest, funniest kids, and all the screaming and whining is forgotten. I love getting to be their mama- all craziness included. Happy Mother's Day to me!



No comments:
Post a Comment