All Christmas night I was like a little kid...I could not sleep! I swear I woke up every hour looking at the clock. My parents have always been abnormally early risers, so growing up we would start opening at like 6 am. Paige, unfortunately, got the early riser trait, so we figured she would be up super early. But of course on Christmas the girl decides to sleep in. Finally around 5-something Ben and I went down stairs to get things set up. Then we gradually started turning on more and more lights, turned on Christmas music, etc, hoping she would wake up. My parents came out and FINALLY Paige woke up around 6:30. (I know this makes me sound ridiculous, but I was so excited for her!) She seemed pretty confused at first, but then she turned the corner and saw her present from Santa....a princess castle!!
Deacon was pretty pumped about his Santa gift, too.
My sister's family came over around 7 and we started opening! Some highlights were surprising Ben with a Duke polo, our "Hawaii prep box" from mom and dad, Paige's Doc McStuffins kit, and mom and dad surprising each other with pillows...hilarious when they opened them up and realized it.
 |
| Excited about his Jabari Jersey |
Then we had delicious getta for breakfast and played with all the new toys. Paige still (over a month later) talks about what Santa brought everyone, gives my parents credit for all the gifts WE gave her, and asks about Elfie. She thought everything about Christmas was so exciting! I love Christmas with little kids.
Those photos of Paige at the beginning are just precious. Looks like a great Christmas! That Deacon is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAwww! So cute! And I love your new blog header by the way!
ReplyDelete